I love any scrub that will help diminish the look of cellulite and this coffee body scrub will help with that. It’s not a miracle worker, unfortunately, but it will help temporarily. Caffeine stimulates dilation and exfoliating the skin helps increase circulation, which makes cellulite less noticeable. Since grapefruit essential oil is a known diuretic and lymphatic stimulant, I’ve added some to this recipe as an added benefit. This recipe takes just a few minutes to whip up and should last a few weeks. I tend to use a lot of coffee scrub and go through it quickly. It’s not expensive to make and it is a major aromatic treat. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup finely ground dry coffee
- 1 cup organic cane sugar
- 3/8 cup organic sweet almond oil or organic olive oil
- 1 tbs Coffea arabica essential oil
- 1/8 tbs organic grapefruit essential oil
- Mix coffee, sugar, and carrier oil in a pyrex cup or glass bowl with a long stainless steel spoon
- Once everything has been combined, add the essential oils and mix again
- Transfer to your glass container
- Label and date your jar
Use caution in the shower since carrier oils will make your shower extremely slippery.
Get over 25 essential oil, ingredient, and packaging resources to start making your own products. Find quality suppliers for butters, waxes, carrier oils, essential oils, hydrosols, and everything else you need to start creating your own DIY skincare for yourself and others.