Hibiscus Seed Oil (Hibiscus sabdariffa) is known as ‘nature’s botox’ due to its ability to make skin look firmer, smoothed, and younger. This beautiful pale yellow oil has a mild, sweet, and nutty aroma. Hibiscus Seed Oil has a medium viscosity and rapidly absorbs into skin making it a great choice to apply before makeup. Hibiscus Seed Oil is extremely moisturizing, emollient, and high in linoleic and oleic fatty acids, which helps protect skin cells. Hibiscus Seed Oil is also high in Vitamin E, which is a fat-soluble antioxidant that plays a key role in protecting skin from ultraviolet light, pollution, and free radicals.
- Makes skin appear to look firmer, smoothed, and younger
- High in linoleic and oleic fatty acids
- Contains Vitamin E, a fat-soluble antioxidant
- Supports normal skin elasticity
- Soothes and softens skin
- Good for problem, damaged, maturing, and sensitive skin
- Minimizes the appearance of fine wrinkles and lines
- Deeply moisturizing
How to Use Hibiscus Seed Oil
You can mix Hibiscus Seed Oil with any carrier oil that you’d like. Let’s say you’d like to use Avocado Oil with it…Mix 3/4 Avocado Oil and 1/4 Hibiscus Seed Oil. Add your favorite skin loving essential oils and you have yourself a nice face oil. A little goes a long way with face oils, so apply just a few drops to your face and neck morning and night and watch your skin smooth out, appear less wrinkled, and glow.
Hibiscus Seed Oil Fatty Acid Composition
- C16:0 Palmitic Acid: 18.0-22.0%
- C18:0 Stearic Acid: 4.0-6.0%
- C18:1 Oleic Acid (Omega 9): 24.0-32.0%
- C18:2 Linoleic Acid (Omega 6): 38.0-45.0%
Get over 25 essential oil, ingredient, and packaging resources to start making your own products. Find quality suppliers for butters, waxes, carrier oils, essential oils, hydrosols, and everything else you need to start creating your own DIY skincare for yourself and others.