Whipped body butter is one of my favorite things. I love making it, I love watching it get really fluffy, and I love how it feels on my skin. It’s super moisturizing and your skin will look amazing after using it. This recipe is easy to make, but it takes some time. Be patient while your butter solidifies in the fridge and remember the key to getting a beautifully fluffy butter is all in the whipping. So grab your hand blender and ingredients, and let’s get started!
What You’ll Need
- pyrex bowl
- pot that your pyrex bowl fits comfortably in
- pyrex measuring cup
- stainless steel measuring spoons
- hand blender
- ingredients listed below
- 1 cup organic coconut oil
- 1/2 cup mango butter
- 1 tbs. kukui nut oil
- 1 tbs. vitamin e
- 6 teaspoons arrowroot powder
- 10 drops organic lemon essential oil
- 10 drops organic bergamot essential oil
Making body butter is a lengthy process, but once you have that whipped jar of goodness and your skin feels amazing, you may just start making this stuff a lot.
- Melt the mango butter and coconut oil on a low heat in a double boiler (place your pyrex dish in a pot with about 2-3 inches of water)
- Once it’s melted, let it cool on the counter for about 15 minutes, then place in your fridge covered with foil or the pyrex cover. Let it solidify. It will be ready when it’s opaque.
- Add the kukui nut oil and vitamin e oil and whip
- Once it’s whipped for the first time, add the arrowroot powder
- Whip again
- Add essential oils and whip again
- Place back in the fridge for another 1/2 hour
- Whip again
- If you think it needs to go back in the fridge to get a little firmer, place back in the fridge in 15-minute increments and whip again
The key to making this butter fluffy is whipping.
Once you have reached your desired consistency, put your butter in a glass jar and label. If you made a lot of butter like I do, they make great gifts.
Tip: Make a base without the essential oils so you can personalize it with different aromas for your friends and family. You can always whip in the essential oils in small batches. I hope you enjoy this great smelling body butter!
essential oils, carrier oils, & ingredient suppliers
- Mountain Rose Herbs
- Aromatics International
- Original Swiss Aromatics
- Wholesale Supplies Plus
- Sunrose Aromatics
- Eden Botanicals
- Morning Myst Botanics
- Stillpoint Aromatics
- The Essential Oil Company
- White Lotus Aromatics
Get over 25 essential oil, ingredient, and packaging resources to start making your own products. Find quality suppliers for butters, waxes, carrier oils, essential oils, hydrosols, and everything else you need to start creating your own DIY skincare for yourself and others.